Tuesday, July 22, 2014

What do you mean you've had jello this whole time and didn't tell me!?!?

The first week after surgery wasn't too bad.   I used the gas-x regularly and spent most of my time googling what I could eat and how to eat.   No one really tells you anything in the hospital except eat slow.   I don't know if you've ever tried to eat luke warm chicken broth (after not eating for days) slowly, but it is pretty much impossible.   

It didn't matter that it had no flavor, it didn't matter that I felt like I might puke, you still try really a hard to eat it and slow, my friend, isn't an option.  What should I do?  Lap at it like a cat?

In theory sip slowly and stuff made sense.  In reality I had no idea what I was doing-- I still don't and I've managed to convince myself that I've drank too many sips at once and stretched it out already.
That's totally the level of crazy I'm at.   I'm sure something is wrong because I have the weirdest pains in my stomach.   I can't have anything but clear sugar free liquids this week which is slowly driving me insane.   I can't tell if I'm hungry or full or constipated or gassy.   I have no idea what's going on.  I'm sure I've ruined the pouch with a few too many zips of vitamin water and I've essentially lost my mine.

Which all culminated in late in the week when I was feeling so hungry (I think more mentally hungry than anything and just weak physically), and I realized that not only did my parents pick up the sugar free jello they said they would, but they've had it for a day or so, and NEVER TOLD ME.
Now that may not sound like a big deal to you, but go have sugar free liquids only for a week, and I promise you'll be off your rocker hysterically crying over sugar free jello too.

Trust me.

However, I did lose 15 pounds this week.  But hey, if you had this diet you would lose 15 lbs in week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment